CRYSTAL PALACE

Founded in 1905 Crystal Palace initially played their games in the grounds of The Crystal Palace, inspiration for the club's initial nickname, "The Glaziers", but the First World War saw them forced to move out, and since 1925, Palace have played their home games at Selhurst Park. Although a South London team, Palace have a fierce rivalry with M23 neighbours Brighton & Hove Albion, with whom they have contested the M23 derby 98 times

The club were relatively late in establishing a crest. Although the initials were embroidered onto the shirt from the 1935–36 season, a crest featuring the façade of the Crystal Palace did not appear until 1955. The Seventies saw a new nickname, "The Eagles", being adopted, inspired by Portuguese club Benfica, and the badge depicted an eagle holding a ball. This emblem remained until 1987 when the club married the eagle with the Crystal Palace façade, and although updated in 1996 and again in 2013 the crest retains these features

For those who share our genuine passion for the greatest game on the planet - please be our guest.

  • Facebook - Grey Circle
  • Instagram - Grey Circle

1nil.com all rights reserved